Sweet Potato, Pumpkin & Potato Mash
This is no ordinary mash – it is sweeter, more colorful and attention grabbing. Kids and adults alike will love it.
- 500 g yellow sweet potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 500 g potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Place the sweet potato, pumpkin and potato in a large pot and add plenty of water until covered.
- Cover with a lid and bring to boil. Boil, half covered, for about 30 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft.
- Drain the water and add the soy milk, salt and ground cumin, and mash well until the consistency is smooth. Serve the mash in a large bowl or on dinner plates as a base for other main dishes – such as fish, curries and casseroles.
Per serve: energy 792 kJ (190 cal); protein 5 g; fat 1 g; saturated fat 0 g; cholesterol 0 mg; carbohydrate 42 g; fibre 4 g; calcium 70 mg; iron 2 mg