Home-made Popcorn with Olive Oil
An easy snack that takes only 3 minutes using a popcorn machine or 2 minutes in the microwave.
½ cup popping corn (1 level standard measure)
¼ tsp salt optional
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil or spray
- Switch on the popcorn machine and add in the popping corn.
- Allow to pop, collecting the hot popcorn in a deep bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt or other flavourings, drizzle or spray with extra virgin olive oil and toss well. Enjoy hot or cold.
Makes 14 cups
- Make your own olive oil spray by buying a pump action oil sprayer.
- Other popcorn flavours include ground cinnamon, sweet paprika and lemon pepper.
Per serve: energy 126 kJ (30 Cal); protein 1 g; fat 2 g; saturated fat 0 g; cholesterol 0 mg; carbohydrate 3 g; fibre 1 g; sodium 42 mg; calcium 1 mg; iron 0 mg