Chilli Green Pea Soup with Coriander
If you want to impress your guests, serve them this bright-green soup, which takes very little time to make. It will tantalize their taste buds and they will think you spent hours over a hot stove!
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 very small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500 g frozen green peas
- 1 large (10 g) chicken-style vegetable stock cube
- ½ small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a soup pot and add onions and chilli. Sauté until very soft.
- Add the frozen peas, crumble in the stock cube and add 1 litre of water.
- Boil for approximately 15 minutes until the peas are cooked.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Puree the mixture until very smooth. Adjust flavour with extra salt or pepper if required.
Per serve: energy 462 kJ (110 Cal); protein 5 g; fat 4 g; saturated fat 1 g; cholesterol 0 mg; carbohydrate 14 g; fibre 5 g; calcium 82 mg; iron 3 mg
For more delicious recipes, and to see the nutritional analysis for this recipe, please purchase a copy of Eat to Live.