Fresh Papaya Drizzled with Lime
This superb tropical fruit dessert is both sweet and tangy! Compared to paw paw, papaya is much sweeter and lacks bitterness. Its reddish-orange colour is due to carotenoids, which are important antioxidants in the fight against cancer.
- 1 x medium sized red flesh papaya (approx. 1 kg)
- 1 lime, quartered
- Banana leaf, for decoration
- Slice papaya in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Discard.
- Cut each half into four slices so that you have eight pieces in total, then remove their skin.
- Serve two slices of papaya per person on a plate, which you have lined with banana leaf. Add a wedge of lime on the side for drizzling over the top. Enjoy!
- You can also serve a combination of tropical fruits on banana leaf, such as a wedge of pineapple together with a slice of papaya.
Per serve: energy 199 kJ (48 cal); protein 1 g; fat 0 g; saturated fat 0 g; cholesterol 0 mg; carbohydrate 11 g; fibre 3 g; calcium 46 mg; iron 1 mg