Soybean & Black Olive Paste
This lightly sweetened chilli paste is perfect as a spread on bread. It is healthier than butter, margarine or cream cheese and is loaded with phytoestrogens. To make a dip consistency, add an extra ½ cup soy milk and blend.
- 1 ¾ cup canned soybeans with Thai Sweet Chilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 TBSP soy milk
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP parsley, finely chopped
- 10 pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- Drain the soybeans and place in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend for a couple of minutes until the mixture is smooth and forms a paste. Serve with crispbread, pumpernickel bread or wholegrain pita bread. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Makes approximately 20 tablespoons.
Serves 4 as appetiser
Per serve:energy 710 kJ (169 Cal); protein 12 g; fat 11 g; saturated fat 1 g;cholesterol 0; carbohydrate 9 g; fibre 4 g; calcium 94 mg; iron 4 mg