Mini Mediterranean Pizzas
Mini pizzas make a speedy lunch for adults, and a great snack for kids. The smoked soy adds flavour and extra phytoestrogens.
- 4 wholemeal pita pocket breads or Egyptian-style pita
- 4 TBSP tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 garlic, crushed
- ½ cup shredded fat-reduced cheese
- 4 large button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- ½ medium red capsicum, sliced
- 4 smoked soy slices, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 marinated kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) while preparing the pizzas.
- Place the pocket breads on a large oven tray. Spoon over the tomato pasta sauce and sprinkle with mixed herbs and garlic.
- Pile on the other ingredients—sprinkle with cheese, mushrooms, capsicum, smoked soy pieces, onion and olives.
- Place the pizzas in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown. Makes 4 mini pizzas.
Per serve: energy 2520 kJ (602 Cal); protein 31 g; fat 12 g; saturated fat 2 g; cholesterol 6 mg; carbohydrate 102 g; fibre 17 g; calcium 221 mg; iron 9 mg