Char-grilled Balsamic Vegetables
Char-grilled balsamic vegetables are also delicious when cooked on a barbecue. You can serve them as a side dish to accompany fish, chicken or meat. The Mediterranean-style dressing brings out the flavour of the vegetables.
- 4 medium zucchinis, chopped into 2-cm pieces
- 4 large field or flat mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Spanish onions, peeled and quartered
- 8 yellow baby squash, quartered
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves stripped, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a large oven tray with nonstick baking paper or foil.
- Place the vegetables on the lined tray. Brush the pieces with ⅛ cup olive oil and sprinkle with the rosemary.
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes, until vegetables are golden brown.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and add the crushed garlic, balsamic vinegar, extra tablespoon of olive oil and pinch of sea salt (if desired). Toss gently until all the pieces are coated with dressing. Pile on top of cooked pasta, Soft Polenta or couscous and serve.
Per serve: energy 945 kJ (225 Cal); protein 8 g; fat 15 g; saturated fat 2 g; cholesterol 0 mg; carbohydrate 21 g; fibre 6 g; calcium 75 mg; iron 2 mg