Eggplant Salad with Mint & Red Capsicum
This is a fabulous and easy recipe to make when eggplants are in season. It’s beautiful on bread or as a side with other dishes. You can store it in the fridge and serve it cold on a hot summer’s day. Eggplant is rich in viscous fibres, which lower your cholesterol!
- 3 whole purple eggplants
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch fresh mint, chopped
- ½ tsp salt, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Place washed whole eggplants on a baking tray. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until eggplant softens. Remove from oven and allow to slightly cool, then dice or cut into small strips. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the capsicum, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, mint and salt and gently mix to combine.
- Serve on a flat platter or plate and enjoy!
Per serve: energy 407 kJ (97 Cal); protein 3 g; fat 7 g; saturated fat 1 g; cholesterol 0 mg; carbohydrate 6 g; fibre 5 g; calcium 59 mg; iron 1 mg