An unbelievably good low GI replacement for mashed potato - this low carb, low calorie version won’t cause your blood sugars to surge and is also very good for the bowel to protect against cancer.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into large flowerets, washed
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch salt, optional
- Place the cauliflower pieces in a large saucepan with 2 cups of water. Cover with lid and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain well and place cauliflower back into the warm saucepan to dry off for a few minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower into a food processor and add oil, pepper and salt, if desired. Blend until a smooth mash is formed. Serve with everything you would normally have mashed potato.
Per serve: energy 336 kJ (80 Cal); protein 5 g; fat 5 g; saturated fat 1 g; cholesterol 0 mg; carbohydrate 5 g; fibre 4 g; calcium 29 mg; iron 1 mg